Friday, July 31, 2009

Is Ravi A God, Or Just A Naughty Boy

Then there's Ravi. I haven't talked about him, yet. We met online. He's sweet and really lovely. Handsome. Smart. Funny. Dirty. Hot. Horny. Kisses like a, er... um... dare I say, god. He has a beautiful smile.

We spent the afternoon together, yesterday, wrapped in my doona, as the rain fell. He's funny. Talkative. Interesting. He has body hair in the shape of a cobra's head, regional genetics, apparently.


David has a shrine to the Hindu deity Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity, wealth, purity, generosity, and the embodiment of beauty, grace and charm. All we have to do is ask her for the things we want and she provides with abundance.

"Should we ask?" You know he wants to say pray. Big eyes. "Lakshmir." Huge grin.

Of course, we have to live a good life, be true to ourselves, love all the universes creatures. Be Ghandi, to get the virgins.

I say she does nothing. S.F.A. David says she provides everything in his life. I tell him it is his own hard work that provides everything in his life.

David attributes many things to her. I tell him he is deluded.


Recently, David asked what would Lakshmi have to do for me to believe. He's always trying to convert my Atheist ways.

Rolled eyes. "I don't know but surely it wouldn't be hard to give an unmistakable sign."

Not long after, enter Ravi. Even I have to say, a, very, short time later. Shake head. Nervous smile.

And, of course, David is having a field day.

"Just to show you how wrong you are, to make it very clear so as even you can't miss the point," says David, with a huge grin. "Lakshmi has sent a gorgeous Indian boy, Ravi. One of her own sons, if you like, to prove to you once and for all..."

"Coincidence," I say and David throws his hands in the air.

"It couldn't be plainer," says David.

"Oh come on."

"Couldn't be plainer." Self knowing smile. A mouth the shape of a boomerang, closed lips. I'm sure his ears point, even if just for that moment it takes him to dismiss the idea.


David's, I'm right and your wrong, attitude will be out of control. Brick wall. New Age brainwashing, Spiritual becomes the new religion. Back to, of course there is something bigger, a meaning, something more... beyond question.

And he has a hint of the missionary in him, don't they all. Greater safety in numbers, I guess.

The here and now isn't enough.

Then I think about Ravi and shake my head.


2 comments:

Bold oy! said...

I think when you throw out all religion you throw the baby out with the bathwater.
However misinterpreted and misused religion is it has a core of truth, a mystery that is contained in the here and now.
It is not impossible that prayers can call forth ravishing boys.

FletcherBeaver said...

I’m not complaining. Big smile.