Friday, July 17, 2009

But You Slept Through The Whole Thing (running down Jules)

 He was drugged and raped six months ago, he doesn't seem to be able to move passed it.

"I feel violated."

"It would have been just a usual Saturday night in Melbourne," I said. "Taking drugs."

"I was an addict."

The guy drugged him, and he past out.

"But Jules, (this time) you were unconscious and have no memory of any of it?"

His eyes filled with tears, so I decided not to continue with that line of questioning. Too soon? Oops.

But, if you are unaware of all of it happening, how traumatic can it really be? I ask you?

Of course, it has never happened to me, so what would I know. Ah, the sticking point, hard to get around that one.

I just want to see him smile again. True.

I'm not sure he ever wants to see me smile again.

It's only logical. I swear, I'd be a Vulcan, on Star Trek.


No comments: