Monday, July 20, 2009

The country was restful. Inspiring. Beautiful. It rained. We went for long walks in big jumpers. Not much time left to be able to spin around 360 degrees in a circle and only see trees as far as I can see.

Any minute the property will be up for sale. Boo hoo. Then Mark and Luke move up north.

I love the art work scattered across the property. It’s really cool. We were really lucky that an artist friend started the tradition, as a place for him to put his works, sure.

A bunch of old friends came up and stayed. The first of a long line of people coming to say good bye. We smoked a million joints. Ate great food. Drank the bar dry.


I think our long term next door neighbour succumbed to lung cancer. What a character.


The little bitch (one half of the male gay couple) complained that I drank their wine. Apparently, at some stage. Mark and Luke told me after they had gone. Me? Drink his wine? I drank pinot all night. Where did that come from... Um, his boyfriend had a nice bulge in his pants, which, I think may have contributed to the wine-stealing comment, indirectly, as me and the boyfriend were being quite flirty all night. Cute smile, I-want-you-eyes. Murray. You know, I've never known a bad Murray.

Sure, I might have wanted to have borrowed him for a short time, hose him down and send him back, but, essentially, I'm not really interested in some guy who has as much baggage as a boy friend, not matter how keen he may have seemed.


As I came home over the Sunbury hill, it was midnight and the desolate road stretched out in front of me, while the lights of Melbourne pulsated gold, a sea of sparkles stretching across the horizon like neon-lace.

 

No comments: