Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Poof

I went out looking for James, he remained as elusive as ever. I must get him to define, “I go out Sundays,” when I see him. Does that translate as every fifth Sunday? When I’m bored? What? Blue fucken moon? Ah bugger you, (or not) I thought at midnight, I’m going home.

Everyone was in bed, David and Shane got home this weekend, so I got on line. There was pretty Eamon, 19 years old. “Come meet me.”

Yeah, likely, I first thought. Then, well, I don’t have to be anywhere at 9am tomorrow, why not? Don’t be boring. Be spontaneous. It was getting close to 2am.

I drove over to meet him home, not sure what was going to happen. I was going to bring him back to my place, but he suggested going to his first. What the hell, save me throwing him out afterwards, hey. We had to tip toe into his place, as his housemate doesn't know he's gay.

Bright, beautiful eyes, great smile, unblemished by life. Natural ease. Floppy fringe.

"Would your housemate be cool with it?" I questioned. What was I getting myself into?

"Yeah, sure. Maybe." He shrugged. “Who knows.” You know it’s the, Who knows, that I was wondering about. He was kidding, but...

The front door squeaked like a bitch, in the still of the night. It’s funny how footsteps sound like elephants when you don’t want them to. I thought about those stories of the best friend/housemate flipping out when confronted with it. Get the axe! I laughed to myself.

But, Eamon was chilled with it, so no reason I shouldn't be. I wondered how much the housemate suspected?

Passionate. Enthusiastic. Keen as, surprise, surprise. He knew a few tricks too. Cool, I thought. Didn't want to break in a novice. And he went off like fireworks. It had to be admired.


"So, no one knows you're gay?" I asked as I slid my feet back into my shoes.

"No." He pulled on his jacket. “No one.”

Wow? Can I remember what that was like. Just starting out. I guessed I was a part of his coming out story, soon to be forgotten, no doubt.

"Well, I'm sure they'll all be fine with it."

"Yeah." Laugh. "I guess." And there was that smile again.

The floorboards went creak, as did the stairs, as we tried to silently slip out. We both smiled, but said nothing. We tip-toed, literally.

"You need to get some oil for that," I said. just before the door went Errrrrr!

We both stifled laughs.


No comments: