Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday


My creeper hasn't been flowering these last few years, but this year it is, pretty aren't they. I'd almost forgotten what they looked like.


I take the dogs for a walk, it is overcast but warm.

Walking down Brunswick Street, one of my pet hates when walking the dogs is slow human walkers, you can never seem to get away from them, because even if you do pass them, dogs stop and sniff, so you can never really get past them. And just when they’ve got far enough ahead, where you can forget about them, like has happened today, they stop and gaze at some architectural feature, or take a phone call, or just gaze at the day and you catch up to them and then you’re walking with them again.

I know, hardly a problem in the greater scheme of things. It’s just, you know, slightly annoying, with them constantly in the way, and I can’t just relax and enjoy the day in my own bubble, as walking the dogs in my own bubble is a form of meditation, just me and my woofs.

To be fair, today it was just some old bloke seemingly out enjoying his day too, I just wished he’d go and do it on the other side of the road.

Anyway, I managed to shake him, eventually.

After we get back, I contemplate the day.

Late morning, the sun finally comes out, and the day sparkles.

I make, I don't remember what number, coffee.

We eat fried rice for lunch. Home made, of course.

I go and chop up the rest of the creeper I chopped down yesterday, listening to The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds and then Blues and Lonesome. I find that meditative too, after a fashion, standing in the gentle sun with music in my ears.

And my day off just kind of drifts away. 


No comments: