Thursday, February 08, 2024

Thursday

I didn't know what to do today? I don't know why?

I've got to do all this stuff tomorrow with Sam's rental property, which will probably take the whole day, which made me nervous about today? Does that make sense? I don't know? I only have today off.

Anyway, I got up late, 7.30am.

I made porridge with peaches, but I was out of honey.


Mid morning, I take the Bulldogs for a walk. The Sun is shining.

I’m listening to Leo Sayer, all his old hits.

We meet a friend who has a shop near my place, she marvels at how big Otto has got. 

Both the bulldogs have a shit before we get out of Gertrude Street.

Have I said it was a lovely morning?

We cross over at King William Street to the other side of Brunswick Street.

We do TattsLotto in Brunswick Street with the handsome Asian guy.

We cross back to the other side of Brunswick Street at Moor Street.

Bruno, why are you such an arse, why do you always go around poles the wrong way, good boy, good boy…my dictation catches me out again.

We drink at the usual dog dish outside the clothing shop in Brunswick Street getting close to Johnson Street.

A lady comes the other way, and she says, “very cute,” as she passes us by. I could pretend she is talking about me, nose twitch, but I know she isn’t

Brunswick Street, Johnson Street corner, neither of the bulldogs want a drink, so we cross over to the cooler north side of Johnson Street too late, against the red man, two straight guys coming across the road make ogle’ly eyes wanting to connect with me about the bulldogs, I can tell, but I was too busy getting over the road before the truck coming up Brunswick Street with its lefthand blinker turned, physically & emotionally.

We walk up Johnson Street on the shady side. Bruno lies in the shadows just as we get to My Pet Warehouse. A lady coming up behind us says, “It’s too hot.”

 “He’s a lazy arse,” I say. I reconsidered immediately. “No, he’s just a creature of comfort.”

She goes over to say hello to Bruno, she looks down at him and exclaims, “Oh my gosh, look at the size of your head.” She turns to me and says, “I have miniature poodles and their heads are this big.” She cups her hands.

We cross the street.

We’re at Faraday CafĂ© drinking out of the dog bowl. The sun is gorgeous today.

We walk up my street in the lovely morning. The bulldogs just seem to stop naturally outside the house waiting for the yappy Bunter who doesn’t appear today. He usually does.

The continuing, seemingly, never ending renovation of the house in my street and the cutest blond haired and blue eyed builder comes out from behind his truck and spots the bulldogs and says, with a big smile on his handsome face, “Look at these guys.”

I think, look at you. But, I keep walking, it just didn’t occur to me to stop, not sure why?

The giant German Shepard barks somewhere in the depths of the house just near mine. This dog is a monster. I’ve seen it a few times in the front yard, and it is huge and not friendly.

11:45am. We’re home. Bruno and Otto lie out paws spread on the tiles, panting. They take turns drinking, covering the floor in their dribble.


Sausages and mashed potato for lunch, another reason for loving working from home, not that I was working today, but Sam was.

I lay on the couch and did internet things, news, YouTube, after lunch, but that wasn't very satisfying. I was determined not to go and waste my day sniffing around secondhand shops for CDs and DVDs for my movie collection. Oh obsession is such an ugly word, don't you think?

So, I pruned the garden with Bruno and Otto who were being terrorists in amongst the plants. 

I chatted to my next door neighbour Jackson Wag for a while on the footpath, like a couple of Mrs Jessups.

That was okay for a while, but I just couldn't get stuck in, so it was back to the couch.

I couldn't think of anything else. It's a failure of imagination to be sure. Or, is it when you don't follow your obsessions?

The sun shone. Do you ever think that beautiful days string you out? The expected, eventual, loss of perfection and all that. I don't know?

And then suddenly it was 6pm and I wondered to myself where did the day go.

We ate prawn pasta for dinner. We watched teev.


No comments: