Saturday, February 03, 2024

Saturday

We take the woofs for a walk in the morning.


By early afternoon, we’re eating dumplings in Clayton. We ate noodles followed by fried dumplings at a dumpling house. Clayton Road shopping strip was jumping with people.

There is a big group that is very noisy at the next table, I’m wishing them dead as I type this. Funny if someone blew the place up.

Just as we are finishing, A a young chubby blonde queen with daisy hairpins in his lank blonde hair skips after his girlfriends, it's funny to see young gay guys out in the wild. 10 years, he'll have a buzzcut, a gym routine and an apartment in the CBD.

We walk a little further up Clayton Road for deserts. We ate those frozen, fruity, snowy, desert pearl Asian deserts. We had one each. The deserts cost more than our main meals, but I'm not complaining.

Sam was very excited about a robot delivering the food to our table. The look on his face was the highlight of the day.

2.30pm. When we’re done with desert, we head off to do the thing we were really in the area to do. I tell you, a couple of hours in the afternoon is all the work we can manage on getting stuff done.

3.05pm. I’m sitting in the Fowles Auctions toilet taking a dump. The toilet stinks, I have to be true. I’d really needed to have a second shit all day and I was rapidly wondering if I was going to get to an emergency situation before we made it home. Ha ha, but you know what I mean. Is that too much information? I guess it is. But it was very satisfying.

Sam is looking for carpet for his rental. The existing carpet is a really light colour and while it is okay in some rooms, its really fucked in some of the bedrooms.

3.30pm. Tra La La. Sam is talking to yet another carpet person. I lay down on the rolls of carpet, not sure that is the thing to do. But, I love the smell of new carpet, don't you love the smell of a good carpet roll?

3.36pm. Sam is doing the paperwork for the carpet and the underlay.

I’m so bored. You have to understand that Sam doesn't drive so my main function a lot of the time is chauffeur. Oh, not that I mind, I pretty much only really like hanging out with Sam now a days, but I'm not even good at shopping when I am doing it for myself.

3.43pm. We’re leaving.

It was an easy run home. The sun shone, the sky was blue.

4.20pm. We’re home.


Now the temperature has dropped and it's a lovely evening. It's going to be hot tomorrow, 38, the bulldogs will have to get their walk in early. I don't know about you, but I have been enjoying the not so hot summer. It's still been warm enough for shorts and t-shirts every day, so I've liked it.


No comments: