Sunday, May 05, 2024

Oh, Shut Up

We're out eating Nepalese for lunch in Brunswick Street, the sun is shining beautifully, the day is gorgeous. We are sitting next to a woman at the next table who is speaking in a loud nasal, bogun, ocker  Jennie Little type voice (If you don't know who Jennie Little is look on YouTube) minus any of Jennie's charm. And Sam thinks I am being difficult to get along with when I raise my eyebrows, as though I should want to go and eat anywhere else but there. 

OMG! And she never stops talking, either, not even to draw breath. OMG! She is truly THE WORST. Her bogan nasal rasp continually crescendoing to a screaming/laugh. And, as I said, she never stops talking.

We’re sitting outside, of course, and I am now chanting for a car to lose control in Brunswick Street and take her out.

She has the worst voice I have ever heard. And loud. And clearly not giving a shit about anybody around her.

I said to Sam. "I really am this close," thumb and forefinger in the air millimetres apart, "to asking her to tone it down."

"Don't ridiculous."

"Nyr."


No comments: