Sunday, May 19, 2024

This Is Upsetting

Bruno and Otto’s fighting escalated during the day today. When we were out to lunch today, they wanted to fight each other in the street for the first time.

We spoke to a recommended dog trainer today. She said what is going on between Bruno and Otto is called sibling rivalry. She says that we have most likely missed the signs of it, you know, because we didn’t know what to look for. All I know, is that I had two dogs two days ago that were sharing a bed to sleep, even last night after the fighting they slept side by side, to two dogs now who seem to want to kill each other on sight today. She says we must get both of them de-sexed immediately. Then in a few weeks, we will pay her a large sum of money to train whatever it is that is making them behave like this out of them. 

In the meantime, we need to keep them separate as we don’t want the fighting to imprint, become something that they do and is difficult to stop. She didn’t specifically say it, but reading between the lines there is a chance that this cannot be cured. She didn’t say that, let me say again, and I know I can drama on, but I think that is what was implied.

Sam went upstairs with Bruno tonight. I'm in the lounge room with Otto, lying up against my right leg.

I tried to watch TV, I got as far as The Project but everyone’s drama just seemed so trivial and quite frankly annoying. So, I switched the TV off. Now it is just the rumble of the open fire.


No comments: