Sunday, November 19, 2006

Whoosh, Sound!

Melbourne rocked by protesters over night. I think it's good, somebody has to do it. Some body has to let those fat pig friend's of John Howard know that they aren't just being allowed to go along the path of snouts in troughs completely unchecked. And I know I don't want to be out on the streets, at night, hurling stubbies at the fat cats. Good for you guys. Freedom of speech, we're not a dictatorship just yet, despite little Johnnies best/worst inclinations.


My left ear just unblocked. Yah! That may not sound so much to you, but let me tell you, the world was just let in, in all it's whirring and buzzing, glory and I'm no longer sealed in my own little cocoon. Now for the right one.


Gertrude Street is bristling with street people at 8am, Sunday morning. What is it, all those drugs won't let them have regular sleep patterns? Or are they the usual homeless who haven't melted into the back ground because all the home-equipped people are still asleep?

One of them said, nursing his long neck on the steps of the A.N.Z. bank at 9am, as I left Safeway. "Wow, you've bought enough food there for a whole week!"

Um... yes... precisely, I thought. But it will have to stretch to two, I know that, I'm a lazy bastard where shopping is concerned...

... initially, I thought he was being sarcastic, a comment on my lax shopping management skills... I laughed at myself without turning back.


No comments: