Sunday, November 05, 2006

Josh and Aby

I've just been chatting to Josh, in Berlin and to Aby, who is staying with Josh.

The phone rang at 3am. Initially, I thought I was dreaming it. The house had been quiet for so long. It was like a jangling interruption. I think I jumped.

It's good to hear Josh's voice on the other end. Some people find Josh really full on and hard to deal with. He's certainly his own person, he flies on his own trajectory, that's for sure. He's loud. He's a monster person. (But then, so are most of the people in my life, when I look at it) Nobody makes me laugh more.

Josh has been dumped recently and is in the process of leaving Berlin after five years, so he's got the hates on for the place and is irritable and grumpy. Aby said quietly down the phone to me, when Josh was out of ear shot, that he'd been quite a brat. Now nobody does brat quite as well as Josh when he is in a bratty mood. Ab and I laughed about it - the look, the steam out the ears, patience at zero, the sigh, the stomping... and the endless talk. Josh never does anything quietly, brattiness especially.

However, Aby found a nice, strapping German boy, named Dominic, so she's not complaining about anything too much. Quite happy and contented, is Ab.

They both asked if Manny was still around and they both seemed genuinely please when I said he was. Oh yes, they all love Manny, the boy just naturally charms every one. Without trying, it's just him.

Josh tells me he'll be home on December 12th. Bloody hell that's hardly even four weeks away. My how time has flown in my time on my own. BLOODY HELL! I like it on my own. Kind of. Okay, not really. There I've said it. But am I ready for Josh? You know, he's probably exactly what I need about now.

I should have let the beautiful Stuart move in, as he did what every beautiful boy does after he has split up, he met another boy, we'll call him the beautiful Paul. Consequently, Stuart has, essentially, moved into Paul's in Prahran, so much so that he is now going to gym with Manny over that side. Yes, yes, ever decreasing circles. Anyway, he's still paying rent on his flat in Collingwood... not that I want to make easy money out of someone who is, essentially, my friend... oh what the hell, I find easy money as appealing as every other human being on the planet, lets face it. It's just that a part time housemate would probably suit me.

Anyway, my major point is that I only have the house left to myself for a relatively short time, now. Best I swing from the chandelier with leather strapping tied around my nuts, while I can.


No comments: