Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sunshiny Day

Yep, home again today. I was going, promise and I was feeling fine until I had a coughing fit in the kitchen, as the coffee perked and the air smelled sweet, everything just seemed to let go and I was swimming in mucous. For a second there, I though I was going to drown. Then I just felt nauseous and dizzy. I reached straight for the phone. Fuck me! What a woos! Once I get a taste for the day off, though, there is no stopping me. What do I care, I'm a senior member of staff who hardly ever takes sickies. That's what they say to me, anyway, but i reckon I give them a nudge. We're all wound too tight to think of wagging a day, generally. Now I'm up to three.

But it is just glorious standing in the kitchen, bathed in morning light, with nothing to do for the day, it's addictive. Woo-hoo! It seems like a wrench just thinking about going in tomorrow.

I feel okay now, though. Big smile. Ears still blocked, but. Still coughing up the dead.


1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

I feel guilty taking sickies too, my arms could fall off and I'd feel too guilty to call in sick. It's a waste though, sick days are thnere for the taking......