Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Monday

A ten year, daily pot habit and cigarettes for longer, all stopped, all done with. It has been a battle for the last twelve months, but I think I'm on top of it. I'm feeling good about it. (As much as an ex, um, addict, I guess that's what you say, can ever feel they have beaten the habit. It's what "they" say, hey?)
I'd say that each time I've tried to give up, the easier it got. So don't quit quitting, keep trying, eventually you will be successful. Eventually, it just doesn't seem as hard.
The dreams have started again, or at least, I am remembering my dreams again. Yeah! Yippee! I always loved the dreams that I used to have as a kid, which the pot took away.

  • One of the HR girls rearranged my life and I was struggling to keep up. Her face kept appearing, in a somewhat ghostly manner, and I kept asking why?
  • I parked Mark's Subaru at the bottom of a beautiful blue stone overpass, which I was admiring when the tram came along and I had to dash to catch it. I was struggling up the steep stairs, but I managed to catch the tram.

What day are we on? Day 8 and feeling great. Except for a bad, sore stomach. I don't know what is wrong with it, but it hurts. My house mates have had it, well, they'd had similar stomach complaints. Shane's had it. Matt's had it. The beautiful Sebastian has had it and now two girls at work say they have got it.
David is in San Francisco and while he is there, Sebastian is sub-letting his room until he finds a place of his own. He was going to stay up @ Bolago, but has since decided to come and work in Melbourne. Mark & Luke say it is because he is looking for pussy. He says that he needs to meet more people. I think the two reasons add up to the same motive, actually.
So, I've made an appointment with the doc on Thursday to discuss my stomach problems. I'm not convinced it isn't to do with smoking, or the quitting there of. Probably, some nasty yeast infection, or candida, or some bacteria thingummy. Chlamydia, any one? I naturally have a touch of the hypochondria, so, of course, I have suspected the worst and have steadfastly kept away from the doctor out of fear, thinking it would clear up by itself. But, I had the realisation today that if it is not stomach cancer and not terminal, then there might be a very good reason for it and, therefore, a simple remedy and I don't have to go on in discomfort, like I am. Besides, I thought, better or not, what exactly am I waiting for before I go to the doctor? The passing of blood? Vomiting after food? So Thursday it is, wish me luck.


No comments: