Friday, January 04, 2008

Last Day of the Holidays, Before I Return to the Salt Mines

My PC died New Year's Day. Bias hard drive recovery........... I knew it was coming, it has had the wobbles for some time, it is quite old and I need a new one. It gurgled back to life momentarily, today, like a dying corpse in the bed, breathing it's last, as I got the last of my e-mails.

I have renamed it Tom.

Thank goodness for my lap-top.

I've been trying to decide on the options to replace it, for the last month, or so.

  1. Docking port for my lap-top to take the place of my PC - have one computer, easy.
  2. Or, a new tower, slipping right in to replace the old one.

I think I have decided to go with the new tower and to continue to have two computers. A new tower is going to be bigger and stronger than my lap-top and it means that if anything goes wrong with either computer, I still have another one to use. This way, I'll never be without a computer. I have computer anxiety whenever my computer is out of working order.

It's hot, we are melting. We were going to go to the pool, but we saw sense. I'm watching Oprah, on my first day of quitting smoking, everything, all forms of smoking are being stopped. So kiss my arse if you want me to be nice, is what I'm telling my friends.

David says he is scared. Actually, I'm okay. Love not working. Love being home. Love being on holidays. Love the summer. Love the fact that my chest isn't hurting and love the fact that I can breathe. And quite frankly, if someone has to die in the process of me quitting smoking, well, really it is a small price.

Thinking about the last week, I didn't get to suck a cock at New Year. Sad Face.


However, with my friends doing it hard overseas, I've got so little to complain about.

Josh emailed, he is on his own in his, what sounds like, charming council flat, in Berlin, and I quote...

not to forget, the menacing loomingness of me cheap Berlin council flat, living off takeaways and listening to the radiator hiss and leak, bones knocking, sores festering on me bits. Throw all that in for a party? ...He spent Xmas Day with Catholics? It's troubling, he has to be watched, as he is a recovering Ex-Christian. He had the dirty little christian secret right up until he met me, oh - fuck me - ten years ago.

He's in a dodgy eastern-block internet cafe, where they sell everything from cigarettes to Polish youths. I ordered a 17 year old with a cock down to here and an arse like a ripe melon.


Aby emailed too, apologising for her extended silence, questioning, life, love and the universe. She's been down on her knees in the seamier sides of New York City and Berlin, getting to see the powerful and demented agendas that will, no doubt, affect the whole world.

Apparently, the answer lies here. http://zeitgeistmovie.com/index.html

It tells us things we already know and has it's own agenda, but that being said, it's heart is in the right place - Aby.

I haven't looked @ it yet. I'm not that enamoured about saving the planet, humans don't deserve to be saved, well, I mean, what other species, on this planet, poisons it's own nest? It's not a long term survival characteristic. But for those of you who are...


I'm eating a lovely peach and mango, green salad with eggs and tomatoes and cous cous. Yum! There is a cool breeze blowing from two fans, which Matt bought around.

We're wondering if we should up our carbon foot print and have air conditioning installed. Rather than simply re-arranging the deck chairs, as the planet sinks, we would rather be cool, as we go down.

We're off to the Laird tonight to get plastered.


No comments: