Monday, January 28, 2008

What Ya Say, Mate?

"The things you shouldn't do with children, was the name of the movie," said the drunk guy.

"What?" I said. Did he really just say what I think he said? I smiled. I thought it was funny; it would make a great art house title. Was it Freudian? I wondered.

"The ten things you should know about..." he slurred. "What did I say?" He was smiling, looking at me, with that bozz-eyed, boozy stare, like he was waiting for me to help him.

"The things you shouldn't do with children?" I asked.

"What, mate?" he said. The smile slid right off his face. His forehead furrowed.

I started to laugh, because I was sure that he thought that it was me who just said the thing about children.

He was looking quizzical. A bit surprised.

I decided that I should stop taking and just walk away.

"What?" he asked. 


No comments: