Friday, January 18, 2008

What Problem?

Well, apparently I'm not going to die. I don't have stomach cancer, or any such nasty thing. I won't have to have chemotherapy. I won't have an extended hospital stay. There is no palliative care in my foreseeable future. So, isn't that good.

The doctor was very blase. My hypochondria was playing up a treat!

Apparently, it's just a touch of gastritis. One pill a day for two weeks and it should be gone. If not, I will have to go back and be tested for an ulcer. But, I should notice a big improvement within 24 hours, if it is gastritis. And guess what, two pills and twenty four hours later, it's nearly gone. Goodness. Don't you love modern medicine. Don't you love it even more when you stop panicking and actually go to the doctor and allow modern medicine to do it's job. Life's good. I feel so much better. Yeah!

Marvellous!

Life's good. The sun is shining, the sky is blue.

I can stop thinking about my immanent demise and start thinking about other things.


No comments: