Monday, June 12, 2023

Day Off

We walk Bruno down by the river where he gets to run around with all the other dogs. Bruno has a good time. Initially, he and a schnauzer run off together and i, and the schnauzer's owner, say to each other, "Well, it looks like the two of them have made new friends."

He exhausts himself, chasing after a blue staffy with a ball in it's mouth then later a black 6 month old Lab, also called Bruno, with a ball in his mouth. Bruno won't take the ball from the other dog, but he will be as quick as a flash to get it if the dog drops it. 

The two dogs never drop their balls.

We go to lunch, we eat Vietnamese, sitting outside in the cold, because we have Bruno with us, not that I mind. Good thing I wore my thermal top, usually I take it off. when I change into streetwear to go out, but today I didn't. Clever me.

We have Vietnamese pancakes for entree, the ones with the fish sauce and the coconut milk. Then I ate Broken Rice and Sam ate drop crab noodle soup.

Bruno lies down on the footpath in everyone's way, not that anyone seems to mind, as most of them stop and pat him and take his photo, or take a selfie with him. 

We do the grocery shopping. What else is there to do? Well, Sam does the shopping, Bruno and I wait outside with our faces between our paws.

Life continues... at a dizzying pace. Ha ha. Rocketing along, one might say.

The last thing, Bruno and I are waiting outside the Asian supermarket, as Sam gets the last few things he wants. A woman and her young son walk up. The kid asks if he can pat Bruno.

"Yes, you can pat him, he is very friendly."

The boy pats Bruno and then he wraps his arms around Bruno and he lays his head on Bruno's head and he gets such a gorgeous look of bliss on his face, it is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. It, actually, restores my faith in humanity, just a tiny bit. Something so pure and joyous still exists in the world today, it does me good to see it.


No comments: