Saturday, June 10, 2023

Winter Is Here

I'm sitting outside having a coffee and a smoke, and it is really cold, even with two pairs of Explorer socks and a thermal shirt on. Winter is here, that is for sure. 

Yes, I know, still smoking, I'll stop tomorrow, of course, that is what I have said for the last week. It is one of the reasons why Sam hates it when LouLou comes to stay. And I could have stopped the day after she left, as I didn't smoke all of that day and I was well on the way to stopping, but I didn't.

Smoking in Australia is ridiculously expensive, it is all a part of the Australian Govt's war on smoking, which has been successful, I have to say, smoking rates are very low here, down to something like 10% of the population.

And I am not going to spend $40 on a packet of smokes on a regular basis, so, I guess, the govt plan has worked. It's okay for a week, sure it is, but even that comes to something like $280.

Grrrr! Why can't we be like Italy at $4 a packet. 

Nah, the higher prices are good, they make me stop. I like smoking, and I like the fact now a days I can stop again in a relatively short period of time. 

I think I last smoked last October when Sam was visiting his family.


No comments: