Saturday, June 24, 2023

Lunch, Saturday



Sam, and I, and Bruno head out to lunch despite the cold weather. We sit outside in a largely deserted Lygon Street and eat Indonesian food. Yum.

Well, it would be yum if they bought it to us. The service is a bit slow today. Too many home deliveries to attend to for people who don't want to leave home, I guess.

The food comes, moments after I write about the service. And it is good, worth the wait.

The winter sun shines. The food is great. What else are Saturdays for? I ask you? 

An early morning fool about, that warms you up. Out for breakfast with friends, lovely thing to do. Going for an early morning run, I remember when I used to do that. Going for a bike ride, I remember when I used to do that. A morning at the shops, just for entertainment, oh, yeah, maybe not. A drive up the hills, in the warmer weather. I trip to the beach, I feel the chill just thinking it. Baking, making, sewing, knitting, does anyone sew or knit any more? Taking photos, making movies, playing games, TV watching, movie going, doing a class, sitting on your arse, oh you know, the usual things. [lobby the government to legalise pot. Work against the Liberal Party ever getting elected again. Agitating for 16 year olds to get the vote. Working on the dole being increased above poverty levels]

We walk home through the park. The wind blows, the sun tries to warm us, and it does, at times.

We stay in front of the open fire for the rest of the day.


No comments: