Wednesday, June 28, 2023

More Nonsense From Those We Elected

My inner city council is proposing a cat curfew. Seriously? An inner suburban council is proposing a cat curfew? Really? What for? To protect the rats? Does the council not have enough to do, what with pumping up our rates to pump up their own spiralling pay packets? 

I suspect it is to appease a vocal minority who think they are doing “the right” thing. You know, those people who can’t see passed trendy topics and think for themselves. We really are dipping our toes into the nanny state pool, now aren’t we.

I’m not locking Milo up. He is the most self-sufficient animal, he just takes care of himself. He gets flea liquid when Bruno does, which he hates, and that’s about it. At some point in the middle of his life, he went to the vet for booster vaccinations, that’s the only time he’s been to the vet, I think, since he was a kitten.  He spends the vast majority of his life inside sleeping, like cats do. I guess, it is a good thing he doesn’t ever go out the front in the street, he really just hangs out in our yard and a couple of back yards next to ours, so when I ignore this stupid nonsense from the council his life will go on just the same, blissfully unaware.

I will be tossing the council newsletter straight from the letterbox to the recycle bin in future from now on, so I don’t even mistakenly read what nonsense the council is up to in future.

It's like the 30 kph speed limits, just ignore them. Let the twittering class twitter on oblivious.


No comments: