Saturday, June 17, 2023

Go Away

I go to Recycle Shop to sniff around the DVDs. When I am looking through the rack, a woman comes and starts looking at them next to me, which is a pet hate of mine. It is not a large, expansive rack made for two, or more. It really is viewing for one.

Oh go away, I think. Look at them when I am done. It is only a small shelf, only room for me.  

And she does go away, almost immediately, as I think it. 

I’m wearing headphones and listening to Queen's last album, This is Heaven, which I love, and being safely tucked away in that world, inside my headphones, I'm thinking, maybe, I said, go away, out loud, without even realising that I was. I think, oops.

Judging by her retreat, I mean, it is pretty obvious.

Oh seriously, what must she have thought. Me, probably, hissing, Go away. Maybe. Most likely. Oh dear. Shake of the head. And while the flush of embarrassment is still in my cheeks, I try not to think any more about it.

I pick up 4 Australian movies, Sunday Too Far Away (1975), We of the NeverNever (1982), Careful He Might Hear You (1983), The Getting of Wisdom (1977), which I am very happy about, adding to my Australian movie collection.

I looked around to see where she went. She was nowhere to be seen.

I resisted the urge to say, job done, to myself, well, I had the DVD rack to myself. 😬


No comments: