Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Broken Door... Grrr!

The front door lock broke, yesterday, when Mark came to install the new bathroom vanity. Mark had some blue keys that he mistakenly though were new keys that I’d had cut for him – from where he got that remains a mystery. Wishful thinking, perhaps. (But Mark’s nothing, if he’s not optimistic) As he pulled the key out, having realised it was the wrong key, half way out it turned in the lock and opened the door.

But it buggered one of the pins in the lock and consequently it no longer wanted to work.

I was so pissed off with him for being so stupid, for breaking my door which I then had to get fixed.


The locksmiths didn't understand what they were playing with, yesterday, when I went back to tell them that the lock wasn't working and they seemed disinterested... I could feel the smoke starting to dribble out my ears, but they must have sensed it too. I was about to turn like a you know what?


It was such a glorious day, as I shuffled from the house to the locksmiths, that I decided to take the day off. Too beautiful, I kept thinking.

Besides, I’d given up smoking as of this morning. I’d been working up to it and there I’d done, so I didn’t want to be quite so feeble as stopping smoking makes me, at work.

I have no more vices left, smoking was the last one. A sign of getting old, to be sure.


I called Manny, but he wasn’t home.

I bought water bamboo, for the kitchen. You know, the type that just in water and will grow any where.

I had a flu shot and got my HIV test back, it was negative.

I went to the supermarket and made soup, for my strict non-smoking diet.


My cat did his dying duck routine right in the middle of me chopping carrots. So I took him to the vet, afterward shopping. (I went to the doctor, it cost me $15, Blue goes to the vet and it costs $100) Constipated again. His muscles can't cope with all his fur now. Not much pooh, but apparently, his fur winds like rope all the way down his digestive tract. He's inching closer to the big needle, the vet even gave me a preliminary chat, re ancient cats and how they can’t go on forever.

He said there was no shame in making the decision for when it suits me and not when it suits Blue. After all, we have pets all the way along to suit us.

I said I realised the time was coming. "If I can't get him to use his cat door again and to stop poohing in the house..."

"Exactly" replied the vet. "That's what I'm talking about."

So what was the first thing he did, he went straight into the front bedroom and sprayed sh*t everywhere.

Rats!


I went to bed early with my head spinning from nicotine deprivation.

 

No comments: