Thursday, March 18, 2004

Giving up Work

It's funny how when it's *my* (footy) club I can't believe how mercenary some b!tches are!!

Goodness you are a busy boy this week aren't you!

I'll see you late Saturday arvo I guess, although I have to say, I'm coming down with a cold so my attendance is not guaranteed at this point.

All snot and sneezing right now.

Telstra has been down for 2 evening in a row now – seems to dislike the 1800-2400 period – means I get study done anyway...

Well, I've popped a sleeping pill, best I let it work.

Hope yr day is grand Miss

Tom



I don't know if my attendance is guaranteed as yet, either. I might just get home Saturday afternoon and collapse in a heap. I may just prefer a cup of tea and a lie down.

Have you RSVP?

Them Saint's boys? The charge is now rape! Tst. Tst. Tst.

I tried to have this discussion with Kym last night, but I just come off sounding like a sexist bloke. I have kept mute on the subject thus far, as it tugs at my cynicism vein - which, I think we'd all agree, is quite strong - and I seem to side firmly with the boys, so I say nothing.

As for "Irreversible?" It is half an experience I would not care to repeat. We left halfway through. Horrific, is the word I would use to describe it. Although, for technical reasons, I'd like to see it again. It was told backwards. Even starting with the very end of the credits at the beginning.

Anyway.

Gotta go and scheme as to how I can give up work.

Wish me luck.

christian



I think it will be quite easy for you to give up work!

Here's how!


1: take up your Mother's offer to fund your education, which or course would require you to have your mortgage payments for the next 4 years sorted out, plus living expenses.

2: find a part-time job in your current field, to provide you with your pin money – two days a week Miss, nothing more!

3: go from there!


Or perhaps i am over-simplifying...


RSVP? No, I haven't yet. I *did* peek at the invitation on your kitchen bench, which I saw was from Lisa, but I didn't take note of the return address or anything.

Perhaps I'll get geoff to give me her mobile number and I’ll give her a call...

Healthwatch - more snot, more sneezing, I don't think I'm that well at all - a cup of tea on Saturday night is almost my dream evening...

Speak soon Miss.

Tom



I think mum's offer of supporting me translates into me living with her. That's what she'd mean. Of course, that would be quite simple, I could work a couple of days a week and I've have no bills. But I'd lose my life, to a point.

It's too late for study, I'm too old.

But I could write. Kym and I went through this last night. We got back to basics and now I'm going to concentrate on writing some short stories to enter into some competitions, which is what we are taught all through our course. It's the accepted path for writers.

And I'll go from there.

christian



Well what the h3ll kind of offer is that??

Ok well forget that then, though I contest your assertion that you are too old to study. I can see you in a private practice, sharing your wise counsel with the less intelligent. But hey, that's my vision,

not yours.

Yes, enter competitions, get your name out there, win prizes, get published, do what it takes.

And keep buying those Lotto ticketes of course!

Love ya Miss.

xT



Realistically, if I did a 3 year degree I'd be into my forties before I finished and nobody is going to give me a job. Of course, I would get a job, an entry level job and I'd be earning probably less than I am now. I'd never – most likely – ever get to the level of earning a huge amount of money as there would be twenty years of younger people below me who'd get the jobs a head of me. That is the reality of the 21st century workplace.

christian



In some fields age lends gravitas Miss, don't you know that?

And stay tuned for affirmative action for the age(d).

Tom



Thanks for that.

RSVP to what though??? I only saw the invite yesterday!

I'm hoping I'll be right to go – feel alright with a couple of cold and flu's today.

Did I tell you I'm becoming the godfather of Allison's son on Sunday? She's having Megan baptised to get them into the local Catholic school, apparently Sandringham Primary is a bit rough!

xTom

 

No comments: