Saturday, March 20, 2004

A Long Spin in the Country

Up at 8am and off to pick up my niece, Lucy, to take her to little aths in Gisborne. Mum came and we drove in Gill’s Subaru. I think Gill wanted to drive the Peugeot, she took Kelly to Kyneton in it, where Kelly got a bronze medal in running.


SMS.12.20. Kaye, Benjamin, Adam, Mark coming over 4 dinner…just in case yr interested – Rachel

SMS. 12.23. I could come and stare through the window at you – christian

When Rachel reconnected with Ann and her son Benjamin, Benjamin told her that he liked to look through women’s windows at night.

SMS. 12.27. Stop it! I did laugh, almost lost my mouthful of violet crumble – Rachel


Mum, Gill and I drove to Endville. I drove there and back, just because I wanted too. And Gill read her superannuation exam book.

We ate quiche, which mum had made and which I had transported up there, before we left. Mum packed 3 packets of chocolate royals, she said we had to keep up our strength. I said we’d be having a diabetic turn after that lot.

Mum said the car was lovely and smooth and that it was nice not to be speeding along. We were sitting on 130 k’s at the time. Gill and I looked at each other in the rear vision mirror.

We had a cup of tea with Auntie Marg and Uncle Rick, who lived next door. Auntie Marg seemed a bit bitter towards mum, maybe it was because mum, essentially, turned her nose up at where they chose to live by rejecting Endville as a place to live when she moved back to the city, although that could be my imagination. I don't know.

Mum had a go at the real-estate agent Cecil, because she was determined to for some demented reason. Mostly, she asked stupid questions or said right, right, right. Then she thanked him as we left as though everything was perfectly fine.

I took mum back to Camberwell and got home to Fitzroy about 10pm. I was so stuffed I was buzzing all over.


No comments: