Sunday, March 14, 2004

Try Reading The Book! Interminable!

I hope you had a lovely weekend in the country – and wasn't yesterday just the most gorgeous day?!

I had a drink with Julien and Harry last night. Julien looked very well, and was quite happy. He's working with Sebastian at some place in Camberwell and enjoying the busy-ness of it. Splashing cash around too, so I *think* that must be a good thing in that at least he's got some.

I saw Perry and Wes yesterday - they were in fine form. They've finished with Twif - not selling any, or her wares, anyway. While they are happy for her to visit them, they aren't interested in moving her on to other people any longer. That must be good for us!

Anyways, I hope you had a gorgeous walk into work today, and that all is well in your world.

Hey, Silvia Romero’s thing is on this weekend I think?

Are you going to go?

xTom



I went to see Visconti's "The Leopard." It was hacked to pieces by Hollywood originally and this is the first time it has been shown in it's original length and entirety. It was beautiful, the villa's, the banquets, the scenery, all unbelievable. Surprisingly, the Sicilians, so-so. But 3 hours of subtitled vintage Italian film, in which nothing much really happens, made it feel like the longest film in the history of cinema.

I think I'm going to take myself off to "Irreversible" the violent French film depicting a nine minute rape scene, shot in one unyielding long shot, Tuesday night. Apparently, it's amazingly confronting, as one would expect. I need to pick up my film watching, if I want to be standing on the stage at Cannes one day accepting an award for best film script.

I nursed me (step) grandson on Saturday night, he's a very cute little gooma. We lay in the chair together, him on my chest sleeping. He's so little and seemingly delicate and quite beautiful, I must say. Little fingers, little nose, little blue eyes. He felt so warm wrapped in his stars adorned – natch – bunny rug. I'm sure babies are like cats and dogs in the lowering of the old blood pressure. I could almost feel a quiet celestial hum.

I got home yesterday at about 2.30pm and yes it was beautiful, indeedie.

Good for Perry and Wesley, may they live long and prosper.

I'm not going to Silvia's, bugger it. I (boo-hoo) have a previous engagement.

christian



Yeah babies are very peace-making...

You thought The Leopard film was bad, try reading the book! Interminable!

What's ya previous engagement for Lisa's?

xT



I wouldn't say the film was bad. Just long. Oh! So long. Quite camp though, 60's Italian.

My previous engagement was that I have agreed to drive mum to the country to do a house inspection. Apparently, I agreed to a stop over. For the life of me, I can't remember why. However, I'm in negotiations. But it is 3 hours up and 3 hours back. I'll keep you posted.

christian

 

No comments: