Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Early Night

It's cold, dark and quiet, nothing is stirring. Not a sound, not even from the shadows, where they usually lurk. Fingers at the windows, footsteps on the stairs. It's a dark winters night with a chill in the air. It makes me feel cold up my back and down my legs. I'm going to burrow down under my sheets, early and give into the night, give into the day, flick the teev on and switch off.

Tuesday'itis, to be sure. Yesterday was a public holiday, so that let Monday off the hook, quite nicely. I've got the start of the week fucked-off'ness. So instead of questioning why? Why I do what I do? Too chicken, too comfortable, to do what I really want to do. Give in. Is the whole of life for giving in?

Reality falls short of your dreams? I'm going to switch off early. Stop thinking. Just stop. Entertain me.

I ignored two calls from Manny. Bad Chris!


No comments: