Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lush Day

I pretty much just smoked pot all morning. I had to really push myself with Loli, I felt like I was having to make an effort the whole time. It was good to see her. We've known each other for too long for awkward pauses to mean anything. We ate lunch and chatted like old friends. What can I say to her when she says she is barely coping with the child she's got, let alone the one that is due in three months?

Luca was not happy with my presence when we picked him up from creche. He eyed me suspiciously. Stared at me from the back seat, all the way home in the car. He looked unnervingly like Chucky. He seemed genuinely horrified when I walked in the back door, too. But we were soon sitting on the coffee table together laughing at the Wiggles. I have this child charm thing that I forget I have because I'm rarely around kids. It always amazes me. I seem to do very little, other than talk to them, and they like me. I have the same thing with cats. I've only ever met one cat that I couldn't win over.

Wait until I tell Luca the story about me finding his mother stumbling about in the shadows at Mardi Gras, having just felt the effects of three ecstasy naively taken at once.

OH! CHRIS! Thank Gword! Lol grabbed my arm like she was never going to let go. She was doing a fine impersonation of Jodie Forster in the darkened den, in Silence of the Lambs.

I've been stumbling about in the dark for hours. Where is everybody?

Manny came over with that look in his eye. One squeeze of his nipple and I've got him. It's like magic. I so needed it.

We walked into the city together. He makes me laugh. He is so sweet. But I couldn't get him to go to Aby's drinks, he's not good with a room full of strangers. He goes mute and, kind of, clings to me, best he went home. Ironically, everybody who meets him loves him.

Aby's farewell was at the hipest place in town, naturally. Madame... something. I chatted to Tony for most of the night. We had huge jugs of maitais, I've never seen bigger. Tony was pouring freely. Tony is so cool, I can just say anything to him and he never gets fazed. He's so calm... and bright-eyed.

Everyone is growing beards, Manny and now Tony, what is it? Is it because of the 1st June?

I think it is a good idea Aby heading off to New York, she can just walk away from all those maxed out credit cards. The credit card girl, that's what I call her. Every time she wants to do something, she just goes and gets a new credit card. She's probably got a new credit card to get to New York. She spends her life failing miserably at paying them all back. It must stress her out, even if she's not, quite, ready to admit it.

I heard the "B" fall from her lips the last time I saw her. Now there's a surprise. Declare bankruptcy and step onto a plane bound for New York. Not bad work, if you can get it.

I made an excuse and left at 20.00, not really sure why, I had no where else to be. I just didn't want to get that drunk and I could see that Aby was well on her way to that one glass too many, glassy-eyed change to drunkenness that she does, so well, when she gets really loud and clingy, herself. She's a needy drunk. She was nearly there, as I said good bye.

Have a good time, look after yourself... yes, friends forever... yes, forever... I had the best time living with you, too... I did... I... did... I love you, too... I'll miss you too... forever... forever... yes... forever...

Besides, they were all Aby's friends and I'd had enough evil alcohol to start flirting with Tony. He always flirts back, after a few drinks.

I walked home, feeling no pain. The night was crisp and cool. I love pushing through the milling crowd, slipping through the serene parks, knowing it is only a few more steps to home. 


No comments: