Monday, June 26, 2006

Things You Should Know About Me

1. My favourite singer of all time would have to be Patti La Belle.

2. I hate work, in as much, as I am only making a bunch of rich lawyers (partners) richer. I want to give it up and follow my dream of being a writer. But who’s going to pay the mortgage?

3. I'm mad at John Howard for destroying the fabric of Australian society. We’ll pay for his work in years to come.

4. I think Susan Sarrandon is hot.

5. I haven’t moved in a long time. I love where I live.

6. I am an atheist.

7. My favourite documentary is, The bejewelled toilet seat.

8. I don't believe that someone is completely straight or completely gay. Ah, beautiful (Maltese) Carl. Thanks Alison, as I said, I didn’t won’t to keep him.

9. I used to sing. I was even trained

10. Italians are very hot. (Actually, Greeks, Turks, Arabs… are hot too)

11. I am a struggling writer – struggling to get published, not struggling to live, which is probably part of the problem, I suspect. As they say, a happy life never did a writer any good.

12. I live in Melbourne, Australia.

13. I always wanted a cool younger brother.

14. I love cars, architecture, and photography.
(All photos on this blog, a part from the few obvious ones, have either been taken by me, or Mark, or, in the case of all the old black and white ones, by my mother, Lottie)

15. I have smoked pot, cigarettes and done drugs in my life.

16. My in-laws sold our beach house for no good reason, a few years back. Surprisingly, they now regret it.

17. My heritage is English, from all of my grandparents.

18. I am 5’10, 75 kilos, brown hair and hazel eyes.

19. I have an IQ of 140. (whatever that means)

20. I let my gym membership lapse two years ago.

21. I have never broken a bone.

22. I don’t have any tattoos or piercings.

23. I own my own house.

24. I was a great slalom water skier, as a kid. Anybody know anyone with a boat?

25. I want to be a really successful writer of novels and film scripts. Dare to dream.

26. I don’t read nearly as much as I’d like to, although I love it.

27. Most guys I’m interested in are intelligent.

28. I fear that I will never fulfil my potential.

29. I love heritage houses. I own an Edwardian terrace

30. I am currently single

31. I tan best in Greece.

32. My best features are my laugh and my... well, I guess you have to be a boy I fancy to know the second one.

33. I have a bit of a thing for wogboys - I once said to a room full of my friends that I don't really have a type and I still believe that I don't, strictly. They rolled around laughing.

34. I think I would have made a good dad. I have kid charm.

35. My favourite holiday is xmas, watching all the idiots break themselves to impress.

36. I love to laugh.

37. I ate so much sushi, I can no longer face it.

38. I love my own company.

39. I had a 3 way relationship for 4 years.

40. I was once the suspect of a bank robbery, where the police followed me to London to watch what I was doing.

41. I own four cars, none of which I drive on a daily basis.

42. An up and coming film director is talking about making my last movie script into a movie. (I’m not holding my breath, though)

43. I don’t think Brad Pitt is that hot. I’d go for Vince Vaughan any day, Jen.

44. I miss my grandmother. She was naughty and nice.

45. I believe in the phenomenon of 11.11. (Recently, a friend of mine told me his ex-girlfriend also saw 11.11)

46. I have already met two of my soul mates, her name is Leah, his name is Mark.

47. I have gained 5 kilos in the last year and I am in the worst shape of my life. (Not that that is so bad, it's all relative, you know)

48. I don’t fear the day my mother dies. My father died a few years ago and I realise it is the unstoppable force of life.

49. I have great respect for most every one of my friends.

50. I’m beginning to believe that capitalism has to be replaced... for the world to survive.

51. I love my four nieces very much. I call them the little bitches.

52. I have a greater appreciation for my poetry than when I was younger. I used to think it was a pointless exercise and that I should just grow up and write prose.

53. I don’t fear commitment with the right person. Currently, I’m waiting for the next one to walk into my life. My boyfriend position is wide open, as I like to say.

54. I love my computer far too much and I get edgy and unsettled whenever it is not working, which luckily doesn’t happen so often.

55. I have an underwear fetish. I think men are sexier in underwear rather than naked.

56. It’s not hard for me to trust people’s intentions, because I always expect the worst from them, so, most often, I am pleasantly surprised.

57. I haven't watched network news programs in over a year. I just had to opt out of the world psycho drama.

58. I don’t want to live any where but Australia, even though I did live in London for a time, which I absolutely loved.

59. I love playing with people’s minds, just to test them. (That’s verbally and pretty much gently)

60. I've travelled the world.

61. The only country I see, at the moment, being aggressive on the world political stage is America.

62. I don’t think humans have the answers. There are too many self-interested forces/agendas from within working against them.

63. I only see god when a black woman sings.

64. I have had many threesomes and now I just want one set of eyes looking back at me.

65. I think Eddie Izzard is one of the funniest comedians alive.

66. All names have been changed, including my own, to protect the innocent.

67. I am afraid of heights.

68. The Simpsons is the best show on television.

69. I love to watch guys wrestle. (I love to watch them kiss and sleep cuddled together, and smile lovingly at each other, too)

70. I truly believe we are all a product of the free-markets evil plan.

71. I’ve become (exclusively) a cat person over time.

72. I was a writing student and I finished my degree two years ago.

73. My favourite saying is, How beautiful it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards.

74. I want to travel into space. I think this millennium will be really exciting

75. I could not live without an open fire.

76. I have only been drunk to the point of puking a few times. Alcohol is evil stuff.

77. My favourite movie is Dangerous Liaisons or The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man in the Moon Marigolds.

78. Sleeping is what I do best.

79. I don’t believe that the human race will survive Global Warming.

80. I will be another year older in September.

81. My favourite number is 3.

- I got this idea from another blog. Thanks Motion Picture Soundtrack, I hope you don't mind.

No comments: