Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Thing I Do Best

I don't really understand people who say they have trouble sleeping. It's the latest disorder of the 21st century - too stressed to flake it gracefully. I don't understand when people say they just can't clear their minds enough to let sleep come to them. Count sheep, count dogs, count men; rhythmically sending yourself off. I don't really understand insomnia.

Sleep is what I do best. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. That period between laying my head down on the pillow and drifting off into dreams, is the time I think about so many things. I dream of how life could be. Revise what has been. I write stories. I have adventures with the cute accountant, Michael, he doesn't know what he is capable of. I fly to the moon, swim in the sea, walk in the beautiful forest, float on a breeze. I get lost in a myriad of thoughts, to drift off from. If my mind is blank, I don't get distracted enough to fall under the night time peace. I love that time after the light has been turned off, where I fall happily into gravities embrace. If I'm not a sleep with in five minutes, or so, of my head hitting the pillow, I wonder what is wrong. That's how easily I drift away.

I love it so.

 

3 comments:

Party Girl said...

I am one of those people who can sleep anywhere, anytime also.

Lay down, close eyes, sleep.

Found you by way of Kimberly

Bethany said...

Thanks I hope so or else I might try take the links off and see if that works. Yeah it is great to meet aussie blogger as so many of from usa or other countries and thats great but you dont see too many aussie blogs so come aussie get blogging.

Bold oy! said...

You are a lucky man!
Mostly i sleep well but I have had periods in my life when I suffered from insomnia, and I can tell you it sucks.
Sweet dreams!