Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day 8 - the Continuing Saga

I haven't smoked for 8 days, 8 whole days. That is 240 cigarettes that I haven't smoked. I can't imagine doing anything 240 times, let alone raising fire to my mouth that many times. Today, the cravings are swirling like a far off wind, like something is unsettled in my distance. It's not close up, it's not something I feel that I have to do, it is not something that is begging to be answered, or needs to be fought off, but it is there, like a dripping tap in the next room, or shooters over the hills firing their guns. It's not immediate, it is not directly apparent, but it is still there.


4 comments:

RIC said...

I believe I'll quit smoking before you will,... even if I'm planning to do so only next July/August...
Lol!
Wish you the best, Chris! :-)

Zeze said...

Hi Fletcher
I don't smoke, the cigarettes is the bad choice in this live!
And the good choice, it's in my blog... ehehhe

See you,Thanks

sal's said...

hi there,
happened to come by ur blog, read & understand that u are currently under going a "quit" smoking process.
Just here to wish you all the best.
Just do it yeah!
Good luck!

Volacious said...

Congratulations on 8 days!
I've delayed my quitting attempts for now... just can't muster the courage!!