Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lovely Morning

I love waking up at Bolago, they have a coffee machine. Yum!

Other people like the fresh country air, or the kangaroos grazing on the front lawn, as the first visual of the morning. Some like the garden and it's flowers, some like the wide, open spaces, the fire place crackling with red, hot embers, or the grape vine across the doorway, with its yellow, autumn leaves heavy with morning dew.

I, myself, like the rich aroma of the freshly brewed coffee and the peace and quiet before anyone else awakes.

I love the fresh air, crisp and sweetly clean in my lungs. Perfumed with eucalyptus, as pure as nothing-on-the-ground-but-leaves. There is an earthy, bark dampness to it, before the sun rises and evaporates all of mother nature's tears. It smells likes it is from the dirt, from the ground, the soil filter apparent in each inhale.


2 comments:

Bold oy! said...

Here it's still 7 minutes from Sunday. I will dream about your lovely morning - and wake up to my own May morning in California, which is also lovely!

PS said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. Crisp morning air enhanced by the aroma of roasted ground coffee beans... I can almost imagine the colourful particles dancing in the air, fly into my lungs and invigorate my soul..... hmmmm.... coffee.