Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Birthday

I gave Nicholas some pot for his birthday, Friday night. I rapped it in gold paper and tied it with a red ribbon. It still looked like a stingy present when I'd finished, but Nicholas liked it. I knew he would.

We ate in Richmond and then went on to the Exchange. My, my, the Exchange is filled with strapping, twenty something lads, now isn't it.

"This is my cousin, Luke," said Nicholas, as soon as we'd got there.

OMG! He looked like Farmer Dave, except prettier; brighter eyes, stronger aura, whiter teeth. He just gazed back, straight boy bemused. I had him hooked. 3 e's, remember.

It must be against some old law of equity, and well being, that the men in one family should be sooo gifted in the looks department. I tell you, some great, great grandfather, of their tribe, must have been well, a god. Remember, there is cousin Craig, also.

Some woman sat down next to Nicholas and said to him, Please God, tell me you're straight.

Nicholas always acts so bemused, like he doesn't kind of get it.

Sophie was being her usual cool self. I'm never sure if the two of us ever really connect, but we seem to have a few laughs. The was insane Kathy, who stole food from the children's plates that night we went out for dinner. Kathy's boyfriend. Sophie's boyfriend. Some really fat chick who swore we'd met before, a number of times, she said. I know I should feel bad about that, but I truly don't.

Three e's. I don't know how much crystal meth, as Tim just kept rubbing it on my teeth intermittently.

The music was good.

I do hope I didn't get too intense with Luke. What I remember was that I had a small ecky fantasy going on about him in my head as we danced.

Tim got really hammered and couldn't communicate for most of the night.

We left at 6am.

We crashed and landed a short taxi ride after that. We were back at Tim and Nicholas' and it was that stare-at-nothing come-down zone. If you listen very closely you can almost hear the communal hum. I tried to build up the courage (and the energy) to go out into the day, to get myself home, before the sun came up completely. I don't want to fry like a vampire. There were no lights on, we were all slumped. I wanted to be Samantha Stevens and just twinkle my nose.

I was looking at the distortion of the stripes in the denim that Nicholas' cock made in his jeans. Nicholas was playing PlayStation. I think Tim had crashed. Nobody was talking. I was just staring straight ahead. As soon as I had Nicholas' cock completely out lined, I decided it was time to get myself out of there and get home. I'm sure he didn't notice. I had no idea what I was doing. I was just gazing at something blue.

The gentle veil of night had started to lift, had started to fade and it was lighting up outside, in the distance, through windows and doorways, in our far away imaginations or at the limit of where our eyes could see, in the distance some place. I knew I had to get going, get out, get home. I was exhausted, I just knew that I had to do it - get home, get to my place, get to bed, under my doona. Everyone else were settling in quietly. I knew I had that long walk...

Oh... that walk up George Street? Is that the longest street in the history of the world, or what?

David was up and about, off to teach, or off to class. He started singing the "sunshine song" to me and I remember hearing myself mumble, I've only just got home, I'm off to bed.

Now, I thought this was at 5am/6am, or something close to that, but David told me, later, it was 1pm, he'd been to class and he had just come home for a short time to look for something when he bumped into me. Goodness, I must have been in bed for a few hours, before that. I don't remember that? At all!

I've pretty much slept the rest of the weekend.

I've been pointed at, laughed at and told to sit down, also, and that's just while I've been at home. 


No comments: