Monday, May 21, 2007

Sunday Night at Home

It was like old home week, at my place, last night, as we watched Big Brother. Fancy it being Demet, it should have been that bitch Emma. I like Emma's honesty, I really do, but does she have to be so bitter all of the time?

Manny turned up, actually, I picked him up. I was just on the parallel freeway universe to his place, when he rang from the city saying he'd be home by 2.30. I picked him up at the train station, I was waiting outside in the car just like a real boyfriend.


I spoke to Tom, as I waited in the car. Tom is definitely in Mark W's camp. I can't remember what he'd said about Mark W, but I told Tom that Shane has only ever referred to Mark W as the grumpy cunt. I should have known better, Tom can't keep his mouth shut, but my cute boyfriend was sliding his arse into the passenger seat saying,

"This is a surprise." So I hung up.


We hung out at Manny's for a few hours. When he was cooking his food, for the next however many meals, I decided I should call Tom back just to clarify.

I launched straight into it, as soon as he picked up the phone. "I feel I might have spoken out of turn and gone against all of my house mate vows, just before."

"I'm not going to say anything," laughed Tom with that laugh that even he didn't believe was sincere.

"When I say Shane only ever refers to Mark W as a grumpy cunt, to tell you the truth, he hardly even mentions Mark W at all."

"Is it worse being spoken about," said Tom. "Or not being spoken about?"

"He's too caught up with Matt, or he's been very quiet in his room," I said. "So I don't want you to go repeating..."

"I wouldn't say anything," said Tom. "My lips are sealed."

"Shane has bearly said anything."

Tom said that Mark W has become reclusive and has locked himself away at home with bottles of red wine and crystal and if nobody hears from him soon they might all have to go around with a ladder to make sure he's not self harming. I'm making the bit up about self harming, I just thought it sounded (lesbian) dramatic. But nobody has heard from him, he's doing his man-retreating-to-his-cave-when-he's-hurt routine.

Tom will blab, it's in his DNA, he can't help it.


I dropped Manny off at a friend's place, who needed a shoulder, on the way to my house. He said he'd be at my place by Big Brother time.

Shane came home from being out with Matt. When I'd slipped off down the supermarket to get t-bags and toilet paper, ten minutes before BB, Manny arrived.

"I'm letting strange men in now," said Shane. Shane hasn't met Manny before. "But, he's pretty cute, so I thought he'd be allowed in." Manny blushed. I rubbed his cheek as he flushed with embarrassment and thought he was, in fact, very cute.

Mark and Luke turned up just before show time.

"Hi guys," said Manny.

"Long time no see," they said, as they smiled at Man.

David turned up just after show time, to meet Manny for the first time... in a long time. Manny's old training partner used to be David's boyfriend, however many years ago.

"See, he isn't a figment of my imagination," I said.

"And about time you made an appearance," said David.

He-who-shall-not-be-mentioned arrived last, sitting next to Manny. As the two of them aren't into BB, they prattled away together. There were shhh's!!!! all around.


No comments: