Thursday, September 09, 2021

I Did Nothing Today

I sat on my arse all day and did nothing all day, sometimes you just have to. And we should all be taught that we can, if we want to. Fuck achieving every day. *

I played around with my music.

I played Buddha Bar all day. And from time to time, Sam came in and danced, then he'd go back to work.

The sun shone, a fresh breeze blew in the back door all day.

It was another gorgeous day.



* Fuck achieving, when global warming is coming our way and nothing is being done about it. We really are sleep walking to our demise.

I'm amazed at the rash of maternity leaves happening now with the lawyers at work, they've all been busy during lock down. How could anyone with any confidence have a baby now. We are in denial and sleep walking to the end.

"No, that's not an iceberg, don't be silly, it is just a trick of the light. Another cocktail?"



And what am I doing about it, I hear you ask. I have two cars that I barely use. I try to walk everywhere. If I can't walk, I try to ride my bike, or catch public transport.

I'm not a great consumer of stuff, if anything I quite like buying second hand. I don't buy a lot of things.

I try not to use too much energy. I wear warmer clothes in the winter rather than cranking up the heating. I don't have air-conditioning. I've been trying to get solar panels, but for one reason, or another, my roof has been deemed unsuitable.

And, I am continually hoping like hell, it won't hurt in the end.


No comments: