Monday, September 20, 2021

Trust an HR Professional

One of the brains trust from HR is complaining that she has been paid too much parental leave from the government and she can’t cope. Truthfully, this is the only time an employee has made this complaint in my knowledge and it had to be a member of our illustrious HR team.

It has come to me to sort it out. (You know when you feel your grip on life letting go ever so slightly)

Now when I say she has been paid too much, no error has been made, as such, as far as I can ascertain. Centrelink has made a catch up payment to her, because her initial claim was messed up, something she claims was Centrelink’s fault, but seriously I have to question anything the HR brains trust claims, from passed (do I have to add bitter) experience, and that payment takes her to a couple of weeks in the future.

So, essentially, she now wants to pay that money back to us, so we can pay her exactly the same amount in two weeks’ time. (No, Seriously) 

She can’t cope with big amounts, or some such thing, who the fuck would know.

The government gives them free money and still they complain.

The first email I wrote was, go away and enjoy your free money and stop bothering me with your first world problems you entitled fool. I find it does me good to write such emails out, it gets it out of my system somewhat. (And hopefully, I will never get so distracted to hit send instead of delete L)

I deleted that one and went and made coffee instead.

I put it on the back burner for a while.

Then I wrote her out all the facts plain and simple. Send.

She responded with, It is my understanding that the government pays the money to the company and then the company pays it to the employee.

I read her reply and it was one of those moments where you feel yourself tilt you head and squint an eye, where there is only the faintest sound of crickets somewhere in the distance.

I wrote an email back agreeing with her. I didn’t know what else to say. Oh yes, of course, I could have said, I’m sorry I’m not following, could you explain to me a little further, but, seriously, I had already wasted enough time on this nonsense.

Midday is started to rain.


No comments: