Sunday, September 12, 2021

Not Everything Goes To Plan

I trimmed the creeper on my back face, it was the day for it. It has needed to be done for, well, years. It was a huge knot of a mess of over grown creeper. I thought now was the time to do it, being spring and all. I was going for a trim, cut it back to the back fence, and I managed  to rip it right off the wall completely. It, essentially, came crashing down on my head, except for the metal ladder I had next to me which stopped it clobbering me one, and which is still stuck under the bulk of it. Yay, good for me.

I was wearing a short sleeved shirt and managed to scratch both of my forearms extensively. I didn't notice that until I was done and I saw the blood. 

My folding metal ladder is still stuck under the remaining pile of creeper, which I still have to cut up, and it isn't supposed to get wet, and it has rained heavily since I finished. 

It is going to take me a couple of weekends to clean it all up. And what I have cleaned up is in a pile behind my car, good thing I don't need to drive it, or have I driven it for weeks.

If I pull the ladder out, the rest of the creeper will be ripped off the wall and will hit the ground, so I am not really sure how to tackle it now. I'm probably going to have to cut it at the wall, to let the rest of it fall without it pulling any more down.

I don't know, I am going to have to stare at it for a while to decided what to do?


No comments: