Wednesday, September 22, 2021

To All The Italian Boys I’ve Known, before

8.35am. And I have everything wrapped up. I stared at 7am, but still that is pretty good. In fact, if I played my cards right, that might be it for the day. Boris (my boss) is away, not that Boris ever bothers me. Finished at 8.30am, only works 3 days per week, so this is my Friday, and she still complains about working. Sam just gives me that exasperated look, like go tell it to the marines (I must look up the origin of that expression, I know what image it puts in my head, but, in all fairness, that is probably not the image that particular saying was going for, but I digress) You just have to love working from home, best thing since, well, evolution put penis’ on Italian men. (to Lee, Michael, Lauri and Maurice, here’s to you guys)

It’s a bit grey and overcast outside, and the summer seems to have been sucked out of the day like last call at a feltching party, but you can’t have everything, I guess. (of course, go tell that to the trust fund kids and see what response you get)

It must be time for more coffee but, of course, it is always time for more coffee. That and some crunchy Turkish bread toast. Lovely.

Just after 9am, I was thinking I'd better get my lazy arse out the door for a walk, and everything rattled. An earth tremor is very unusual in Melbourne so they are kind of interesting. We just don't get them.

Now, I'm going for my hours walk.


No comments: