Wednesday, September 29, 2021

I Woke Up To Rain

I woke up to rain. Is it too cliched to say the world was crying? (Probably at all the lies our Prime Minister, Scott Morrison has been telling) Any hint of summer we had been feeling completely gone.

I woke up to rain. Is it too cliched to say the world was crying? (Probably at all the lies our Prime Minister, Scott Morrison has been telling) Any hint of summer we had been feeling completely gone.

I felt a shiver as I stood in the kitchen gazing out to the garden. Brrrr.

"Well, that is a shame," I said out loud. I was just beginning to enjoy the sun. Still, with global warming, how much should we look forward to summer now a days. There is probably safety in winter.

I switched on the coffee machine.

The colour was washed out of the world. It was all a bit grey looking out my windows. Quiet, still and grey. The sun was behind its winter diffuser, making it soft almost behind a Vaseline filter.

Look on the bright side, it was nice walking in the park in the cooler weather later in the morning. Less people out and about too, the fatties don’t come out unless the sun is shining. (Although, the annoying chicks who yabber into their phones walking right behind you do, as I also found out. Pet hate!)

The threat of the anti-everything protesters (oh why don’t I just say it, the racists) must have diminished considerably as there was only the old grey, close to retirement cops patrolling the park. The ones who give you a nod and a wink. The strapping young coppers with the beautiful eyes are nowhere to be seen.


No comments: