Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dinner & Drinks

I had dinner with Kane. We said we'd spend the long weekend together and I kind of piked on him. He laughed when I said that I realised that had had to put in an appearance by Monday night.

I had to put in some effort. I couldn't just not call, 'cause I felt like hiding away. I had to give it my best shot, not my apathy, he is a smart boy.

I told him I suspected that he may be too clingy for me. He looked at me with big eyes and then said, really? Then he agreed with me, that he had the tendency.

I told him he was serious and he is serious. He's a serious young man. But then, I kind of like that in boyfriends, or at least to have it in them, it makes them kind of solid. Life is serious and it all needs to be taken care of... it's not all show tunes and sweaty men.

You've got to keep up your day job going, whatever it may be.

"I don't think I'm that serious," he said earnestly. Straight-faced.

I laughed.

He laughed.

I rubbed his shoulders, he went all floppy under the weight of the release.

"Some times you can lighten up."

After he said he wanted to get to know me intellectually, he answered the spot quiz, word perfectly, on the topics of capital punishment, abortion and gay marriage. We agreed on John Howard, cars and violent films, but there was some dissent around a vote for The Greens and the smoking of pot.

(Ed note - apparently, he does have a car, must pay closer attention)

"Yes, I do come out in day light hours," I said. "And it doesn't always have to be about sex."

He laughed. He's cute when he laughs.

"I play well with others."


I told him I was going to get him drunk and ended up a little light headed myself, as I strolled up La Trobe Street. Kind of light on my feet. Nearly. Felt good.

He headed home, as he had to go to... um, er, I should know this? Wwww.....wwwwoo... wwwwoork... wwwwoorkk.


2 comments:

Evol Kween said...

So you're leaning toward Kane over Mitchell? Or am I missing something here? You're in high demand!

FletcherBeaver said...

Yeah, I guess, somewhat regrettably. The lovely Mitchell ticked all the boxes... except, um... he was hopeless in the sack.