Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ouch! Sweetie

Fuck me! I leapt around the kitchen doorway, just before 5pm yesterday, to answer the phone, landing on my left foot just inside the kitchen. I felt my left calf muscle go, excruciatingly so. It felt like the muscle rolled around my leg bone and then rolled back again. I collapsed onto the bench with the phone to my mouth saying hello, breathlessly, trying not to scream into the receiver. Of course, there was nobody there.

Now I can't walk.

Well, I can walk if I turn my foot out like a penguin, but if I try to walk in a straight line, it feels like somebody is driving a knife into my calf.

I called the doctor, who couldn't fit me in, naturally, but I wasn't sure how I was going to get there anyway, as I drive a manual car.

Call first thing in the morning, the receptionist said. And we'll try to fit you in.


3 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Hmmm...sounds pretty bad. Perhaps it's worth a trip to the emergency room?

FletcherBeaver said...

Yes, my doctor couldn't fit me into day, so it looks like I'm off to St Vincent's emergency. Wish me luck.

richardwatts said...

Luck!