Monday, January 05, 2009

I'll Miss You Guys


Just before I headed off to Brisbane, Mark called me to say he'd found a property up near Byron Bay which he'd fallen in love with and wants to move. He'll sell Bolago, no more functions and working so hard, for a change to potter on the central NSW coast. Jeff and Raymond have just moved there. And other friends live up there too.
"It's soooo beautiful! It has rain and water and no threats of bush fire," Mark said. "And the weather is beautiful, sit out side all year long, no more winters."
He and Luke are going to inspect it tomorrow.
"I was so scared what you would say," said Mark. "But it has an attic top floor for you to write in and in the foreseeable future you can move up here too."
It looks beautiful, picturesque. Just gorgeous. Mountains, valley views, a river that looks enchanting.
There are eco tours up there, which Mark and Luke would be interested in getting involved in.
And there is an enclave of gay men.

But, I'll miss them, terribly. My best friends. I'll feel all alone in Melbourne, once the two of them have gone. I won't know what to do with myself? No, don't go, I wanted to say.
So, the NSW coast? I never thought I'd be moving there. I've got to look after my mum first, then I'd be free to go. Bye, bye Fitzroy, I never thought I'd be saying that.

2 comments:

richardwatts said...

I lived up that way once, on the outskirts of Mullumbimby. Great place to visit, lousy place to live. I fled back to Fitzroy after only three months. You sure you'd like to move there?

FletcherBeaver said...

No, I'm not at all sure I want to move there. Actually, I'm pretty sure that I don't, but...