Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Morning

And it's Sunday, again. Guido arrived with Australia Day Show bags. I wrote all day, then watched Teev. The last thing I remember was watching Dexter with Shane. We must have watched 4 episodes. Then it all goes a bit hazy.

David went to his obnoxious girlfriend's in the outer suburbs.

I woke up on the couch.

Shane went to Sircuit. There are long weekend parties on.

I stumbled off to bed.


Morning sunshine. Missy sniffs at my face. Like butterflies, I always think. Tentative meow. I take my first look at her fat face. Cats do smile.

Down the stairs with one eye closed. Rub my head. My spine feels stiff. My muscles ache, gratifyingly so, as I stretch.

It's a beautiful day, sparkly sunshine, cool breeze. Birds singing.

Eyes widen to open. The world is bathed in light.

Clearly, Shane met someone he liked, with three towels, on two couches, sundry items of clothing strewn across the carpet and two condom wrappers on the coffee table.

I wonder if I am going to be sharing breakfast with a stranger?

It's the perfect kind of weather that you just want to jump into. Shirtless, feel the sun like warm honey on your skin.

I stand in the back yard photosynthesising, rubbing my arms.

I should go to the pool.

The kitchen looks like a bomb has exploded. How do 3 people make such mess?

And, Jasus! I'm out of coffee!

I roll a j.


I check my messages, 2 from Kane. He hopes to see me today.

That's right, boyfriends... (although, he only has an application in at the moment) they are very time consuming, I remember. They are not just pretty faces on pillows.


Yawn. Stretch. Head spin. I'm going back to bed.

 

No comments: