Sunday, October 02, 2022

A Perfect Sunday



What a sparkling, perfect day. One of those perfect Melbourne days, nothing like them when they come. 

We walked down by the river, Sam, me and Bruno. We walked the rest of the track, that we didn't walk before because of Buddy being older, or at least attempted to, until my fear of heights, Acrophobia, started kicking in when the path got too high up from the Yarra, and the joy of the walk drained away, for me anyway, and we turned back. 

I don't know where that came from, the Acrophobia. I never had it as a kid, just as an adult, you know when you learn life shit is real, I guess. It is annoying, really. I just googled it, apparently, it is an anxiety condition. An anxiety disorder, gives me something to think about. That means I could get over it.

We met Emma the black Labrador and her Kelpie buddy. The sun shone down, the sky was a perfect blue.

We ate pork rolls for lunch. We always disagree about how many we should eat. Sam always says 3 pork rolls between us, I always say 4. We had 4. We should have had 3, Sam was right, of course. The queue for the pork rolls was long, it took Sam ages to get them.

We shopped for food. Groceries. The necessities, you know, as you do. Sam does the shopping. Bruno and I sit out the front on the tiled entrance until Sam is done. It is the way I love to shop.

Just a normal kind of Sunday.

Work tomorrow. I wonder if I'll get any of that return to the office stuff tomorrow? I haven't heard anything about it for a few weeks now. I'm still ignoring it, but we'll see. We have all learned there is a new way to work, and the bosses want to take it away from us. That's a lot of unnecessary fuckery. The workers need to rise up!


No comments: