Wednesday, October 19, 2022

I'm On Sick Leave

Then, as it turned out. Tuesday I was having surgery, I was finally getting this thing cut off my face. My second head.

I took Tuesday off.

Now this was proper plastic surgery, cutting out the BCC, and then reconstructing my eyelid, to a degree, and it occurred to me this was actual surgery, the type people take genuine sick leave to recover from. So I called the rooms and lovely [receptionists name] was more than happy to give me the time off, she would email it to me.

All of our deadlines are next Wednesday, not to mention those two boring meetings, from the complainers. Apparently, I'm not allowed to say, you got it wrong, own up, we have to be more constructive and come to a resolution that best suits all parties.

Fuck off.

HR needs to fess up, and if it goes on for much longer, an apology will be required as well.

Then there was a third monumental stuff up, involving Nick Watson yet again, just yesterday, and it became a no brainer, I've gone on sick leave for two weeks. You guys, who chose a higher pay grade than I, you guys sort it out, let me know what you come up with.

So, I called Guido. "Maaaate."

Oh, yes, okay, I'd already been in contact with Guido, long before then. Ever since Sam said he was going home for 3 weeks, months ago. I had it all planned.

And now I don't even have to work, for most of the time. Lovely.

Guido was having some problem with his dogs, so much so he gave one of them a way. I think. He seemed to have them all in the car.

I've eaten a lot less food than when Sam is here, and it's only been 5 days. He always cooks, and I would never change that for anything, but he cooks huge portions. I'm just cutting back while he is away. And when I weighed in at the hospital, with all my clothes on, I was 88.5 kilos, when I am normally kind of 91, 91.5 kilos with my clothes on, so I have lost some already.

The sun is out.

The magpies call almost on queue.

Terrible after care instructions from the medical team. I only have instructions for what pills to take and when. Do I take off the now bloody bandages, or do I leave them on until I see these guys again, next Tuesday? I don't know, I've had no instructions on what to do?

I look like I was knocked out in the fifth round.


No comments: