Friday, October 21, 2022

Up Early

I got up early, well, just kind of came to, really. I missed the last 2 gels for my eye yesterday, I immediately feel guilty, my eye immediate feels pain for the first time. Otherwise, I have followed the instructions to the letter, no matter how much pain relief I have self administered, if you get my drifteroo.

It was a lovely morning, glorious sunrise, joining many days of gorgeous sun rises. I took photos, but I was up a bit early.

Bruno was right up with me, no sleeping in for him this morning.




I haven't had a shower yet, as I don't know how to wash my head without getting the wound wet. I fear I might stink.

My coffee cup always seems to be empty, when I go for that last mouthful. So much disappointment. Don't know how many I have drunk?

I went and got cigarettes and a cheesy scroll from Coles at 6.30am. Coles doesn't open until 7am.

I wandered the empty streets momentarily, it was very peaceful and quiet stretching out empty in front of me. I don't know why, hoping for a supermarket that opened at 6.30am that I'd forgotten about, I'm guessing. I pulled my head together and walked home. 

I headed back to Coles at 7.05am. (its a lot of walking when, you know, you're bleary-eyed, dragging your feet 😁)

I think you must need a glass of water to get every mouthful of this cheesy scroll down. It is dry and hard work. It's a terrible thing. I think I can taste the MSG on my lips. It has a sherbet kind of after-note to it. It is much better with a swig of water right after the mouthful of stodgy white bread, much more manageable, and kind of disgusting at the same time, as the cheesy scroll quickly starts to resemble regurgitated food before I can get it down again. Basically, I am swallowing sick to get this cheesy scroll down. But, what can you do?.

Still enjoying sick leave, what day is it? This is the only way to work, no responsibility, and still get paid. No wonder the Greek and Italian migrants loved it too. "Get yourself on compo, hey?" Smart cookies. Stay home, get paid. I could get used to this.

I'll have to go to the office and drop my laptop on my foot, or something.

I mustn't forget to feed Bruno. Milo is demanding and soon tells me, Give me food! Rub, rub, rub, rub, rub up against me. But Bruno just kind of stands around and looks hopeful. Always the face at the kitchen door.

"Oh, yes, you. Mustn't forget to feed you."

I must go and do it. He's looking at me.


No comments: