Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Rain, Rain, Rain

Raining. It has been raining since I got up. It's rained a lot lately. Oh, no it hasn't rained as much as water logged NSW, but it has rained consistently.

I got up on my roof yesterday afternoon, in the sunshine, and cleaned out my gutters in preparation for the rain Armageddon the news services have been predicting for the next few days. You know, according to the news services if we don't all drown between now and next week, we will suffocate from the rainstorm asthma that is also coming our way.

Anyway, news services doom and gloom withstanding, while I was up on the roof, I think I recognised the point where my glass roof leaks when the rain buckets down. Oh yes, suddenly the weak point seemed oh so obvious and I couldn't believe my stupidity, blindness, call it what you will.

You know, when you look at something so many times, and then you come back to it some time later and you see it in a new light. 

So, I got out my trusty tube of silicone and silconed every thing in sight, in the spot that I have only just identified as not having been done before. Of course, my silicone cartridge malfunctioned and I had to squeeze the trigger with the strength of the Hulk to get even the smallest amount to come out, so it was a long and tedious process.

The news service said the rain wasn't due until Wednesday night, so it had plenty of time to cure.

Then this morning when I got up it was raining. I stood on the stairs looking out the window calculating on my fingers how long the silicone had had to dry. I wonder what time the rain started? (no idea?) I went to bed at 12.30am, after Animal Kingdom, and it wasn't raining then. I did the work around 6pm, so that is at least 6 1/2 hours it had time to dry. I think it is meant to dry in 24 hours. The internet says anywhere between a few hours and 24 hours. Grrrr. I can't be bothered running outside to my shed in the rain to check the tube. Hopefully because it is on a vertical wall (What wall isn't vertical?) it will be less affected. Cross your fingers.


Hours later it is still raining.

Oh no, climate change doesn't exist, its just a blah, blah, blah, blah...

Seriously, open your eyes, look around.


No comments: