Wednesday, October 26, 2022

What Is Wrong With Me?

Sick leave, I could get used to this. What day is it? No, seriously, sick leave is a great idea.

My surgeon (his administrative assistant, if you want to be precise) asked me if I wanted more sick leave, just kind of in passing. 

"Really?"

"Anything we can do?"

I just laughed. (How outrageous would that be?)

"I could take more sick leave?"

"Yes, well, it is up to you?"

[I have a mountain of sick leave accrued] I laughed, stupid me.

Yes, oh yes, I think I need another week off, doctor. Let's talk about that? I said to a vacant [name of] Parade walking home. Stupid me.

I'm supposed to be a bright boy. Oh so clever.

"Yes, Christian has a very high IQ, we are expecting great things of him, Mrs Fletcher."

You've just got to grab it, sometimes. Got to learn to grab the opportunity. It's the clueless people who grab for the opportunity just with dumb luck, snatching a chance from the ether, who are successful in life, oh so often.

I'm listening to Chaka Khan, her latest album, Hello Happiness.

It's cold sitting outside.


No comments: