Monday, October 31, 2022

Monday

Of course, it was a shit show when I (mandatorily) got back to the office. I got in at 7am. Oh I don't know if anyone notices, but I leave early because of it, and they never say anything. The Chief, has often come in and I am already working at 7am.

Boris had hardly done any of my work, just the bare minimum. (Good thing I never expect any thing from anyone) When I took over for her, she got her work done tied with a veritable bow. I had so much to do, I had to just focus. 

She couldn't tell me what she'd done, just the bare minimum just she wasn't game to say it. She hadn't signed off on everything, she wasn't really sure what she had done and what she hadn't done.

"I didn't want to mess up any process you may have."

The irony was appalling.

I remember just looking at her, you know kind of silently, for longer than was Health & Safety advised, before I snapped out of it and smiled, "Sure. Okay." And I scuttled back to my office.

Sam said, "Sure it's not the herbs you've been hopped up on for the last 2 weeks." When I am half arse admitting stuff to him, some times the response requires Facetime, and Sam's face will just appear on my laptop.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

"Ah?"

So, I just had to go through everything...


There was some rumbling re: Nick Watson. Apparently, he is still pissed off. Whatever? He has called two meetings to discuss my/our mistakes, and then has not bothered to turned up for either of them. But, apparently, he's still bitching.

I've always suspected he was toxic, he has the underlying whiff of the con artist.

He is kind of slack, and a bit slimy. I can’t help but think he has always set me up, you know kind of prophylactically, right from the beginning, just on the occasion that his slack work practises need to be covered up.

Yes, I am talking about a psychopath. One day there will be a film simply titled Watson. Look out for it.

He’s one of those smarmy straight boys whose suits are all ways a little tight for his fat frame. He wears a lot of pastels and pale grey suits, all ill fitting. You can tell he was never one of the kids to play sport at school. So much pent up resentment.

The type who you can't help but wonder hangs out in public toilets? (plenty of places to stop driving home to Geelong) Don't get me wrong, I was a big advocate of public toilets in my teenage years. Actually, I was a late bloomer, and I hung out in public toilets in my 20s. But not now.

Anyway, it came time to go out and buy lunch, and my first thought was, it would, most likely, be quicker to go home than to find lunch with the reduced options in the CBD.

And hardly any of our team are in the office when I am in here. Give me a break. The Chief, the managers, and the manager wannabies. The Midget, boy has she been cranky since she gave birth.

So, I told Boris that I was going home for the rest of the day to work. I was going to take an extended break as my eye was hurting, which it wasn't. Boris even squinted at it with her frowning face and said that it looked more inflamed than this morning and that I should go home.

30 minutes later Bruno and I were dancing our happy dance at me being home.

So, it seems half day Monday.

I'm exhausted.


No comments: