Friday, October 28, 2022

Last Days

I feed Bruno and take him for a walk early before Sam reminds me for the umpteenth time to feed him and take him for a walk. It is nice walking early, the day is fresh. 

It is a cool melancholy kind of day. Bruno and I window shop, ha, ha as if. Bruno is keen to get to the next stink patch, as soon as he has finished sniffing the previous one. Let's not try to romanticise it.

Sam calls out of the blue, it must be 5am where he is. "What are you doing up?"He says he couldn't sleep. Kind of spoilt after, the effect of being able to tick off feeding and walking when Sam asked me.

I'm eating a chocolate filled donut. Charlie brings them home from work. One of the best restaurants around. He washes dishes. I've never been one who has to be told twice, "eat the pastries."

Num, num, num. Deluxe.

Really the ratio of chocolate to donut is all out of whack, far too much chocolate until I feel I am going to aspirate on the stuff.

I check and David's bed is made up. Yay. 6pm he'll be here. It means everything is done.


No comments: