Saturday, November 19, 2005

Out of Our Minds

SMS. 10.42. (Tom) Ah! Sometimes I just want to kill her! – Christian


It was a scene out of Mother and Son, today. She’d lost her front door key, she’d lost her tickets, she’d lost her handbag. This forgetting thing is trying, let me tell you. We can stumble from one forgotten thing to another forgotten thing to another, ah. aH! AH! AH!! Some days it can seem relentless. Give me strength.


I took Lottie shopping in Safeway, which is always trying. She is so slow, which is okay in itself, but, she stops and looks at everything on every shelf with a look of confusion, well, she would if I let her. I have to keep pushing her around the isles. She'll stop and talk to anyone. She can just wander off, just like that, if I turn my back for a second, which is not so bad in a supermarket. She will just out of the blue decide she doesn't want to buy something that she has always bought. Just like that. “No, no, no. We’re not buying that.”


Got too stoned when I got home to drive to Bolago. Mark called to see if I was heading up there, as he was on his own, as Luke was at work. Oh, I should have gone, I’m bad. I should have driven to the country and then got stone. Oh, I should have just got in the car and gone.

I guess people think it is quite irresponsible of me to say that? Drive stoned. Even though, you can drive stone, it’s not like driving drunk. Of course, I wouldn’t recommend it for first time smokers, but for seasoned potheads, sure. You are just relaxed. If anything, it probably makes you a more relaxed member of the road community.

Oh gasp! I hear the conservatives draw in breath. I can hear the tutting of their mouths and the tisk tisk tisk of the conservative brains.

Okay kids, don’t drive stoned, it is very bad. Terrible things are certain to happen to you, if you do. Just say no.


I worked a bit on the script. Aby’s being very quiet, she must be having the termination. A minor blimp on her road map, she’ll bounce back in no time. No kids, abortions don’t lead to a lifetime of sorrow. Generally, I have found, they lead to the exact opposite.

“Thank god I had that option to take. Can you imagine how miserable I’d be right now if I had a baby?”

Unless, of course, you have religion to hammer home some guilt, for you? If you believe in some sort of god, you may have questions to answer. If you don’t have god, you’ll be fine. Generally, atheists are happier people.

I’m waiting for the new version of the script. I decided that I could take the alternative script, which Aby doesn’t like and change the names to Hamish and Grace and hey presto, I have an Australian road movie.


We watched The African Queen and Harry Potter. How’s that for two ends of the entertainment spectrum. Still, magic is magic, as they say.

I fell asleep on the couch.

 

No comments: